(These amended rules come into effect from July 1st 2007)
I. General: 1. The Library will remain open from 9.00a.m. to 5.30p.m. on all working days.
2. Every user on entering the library will sign his/her name in the Register kept at the entrance and leaves all his/her personal belongings such as umbrellas, bags,vanity cases, etc., at the counter. He/She will be given a token, which should be surrendered while collecting the personal belongings at the time of leaving the library.
3. Smoking and loud conversation or any such act that is likely to disturb other readers are strictly forbidden in the library.
4. The user should get a 'No Due Certificate' letter from the Librarian. In case of Research Scholar working in projects, the user must submit an application for refund
of caution deposit while issuing the ‘No Due Certificate’.
5. Borrowing and return of the books should be done at the circulation desk. Users should not themselves replace the books on the shelves.
6. User should not write or make any mark or otherwise damage any book, periodicals or other materials belonging to the library. In case of any such damage, users will be
required to reimburse the cost. Appropriate fines for the damage, the extent of which will be determined by the Librarian.
7. Every borrower must return all the books in his/her possession to the library when called for by the Librarian for purpose of stock checking. The Librarian reserves the
right to call for any book before the due date.
8. The Director reserves the right to waive, modify or add any rule as and when the circumstances demand.